Today in #tips: Obama can't do anything right, you may be raising a spawn of satan, HBO gets gayer, and how to succeed as production assistant. Over at open forum #crosstalk: Happy Rabbie Burns Day! (Hint: it involves sheep organs.)
- The Lone Scout and T-Bone (Coco the Monkey) both keep us up to date on political blog outrage: Obama brought his Teleprompter to an elementary school! Phony! Right-wing bloggers are out to destroy the President! Afgakshgj...
- PaisleyPajamas asks, is your child possessed by the devil? Tonight at 11.
- secretagentman is excited that HBO is remaking Mildred Pierce, directed by Todd Haynes, starring Kate Winslet. "Gay to the power of 10!"
- Uncle_Billy_Slumming highlights a very thorough guide to succeeding as a production assistant, including this tip: "In the jungle, you will be confronted with much chaos and devastation, but always rise above those obstacles."
- The Lone Scout provides an example of what happens when governments run out of road funds: Nazis start adopting highways.
- intime thought Johnny Weir's performance set to Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" at last night's US Figure Skating Nationals in Spokane was fabulous. Here's some video of the routine at the 2009 Ice Show.
- momof3wildkids points us to a hotel promotion that could never go wrong: guests at a Manchester, England, Holiday Inn can request a hotel staff member to "dress in an all-in-one fleece sleeper suit" and then lie in between the sheets until the bed temperature is precisely 68 degrees.
You can leave us tips, links, news, story ideas, pictures, whatever on the #tips page by using the "Share" box on the front page and including the hashtag #tips. If you'd prefer, you can also send a confidential email to email@example.com or call our tipline at 646-214-8138.