From the #tips page: layoffs at the Guardian, journalism still doesn't pay, and Radiohead is the new Dave Brubeck. Think about it. Meanwhile over in #crosstalk, someone is looking for a good recipe for BBQ baked beans. Can you help?
- GlasgowRose reports that a San Francisco-based writer for the UK's Guardian announced he'd been laid off on Twitter.
- tse-tse-fly brings us news that our Navy is incapable of protecting the nation's Strategic Red Bull Reserves.
- Botswanna Meat Commission FC has a stern warning for any youngster considering making a living typing on a keyboard.
- Good to No observed Luke Russert doing some investigative journalism.
- williamburger11211 was not impressed by the style of the staff of recent Time Inc. acquisition Stylefeeder.com.
- Uncle_Billy_Slumming discovered the cross-over appeal of Radiohead and Dave Brubeck. Same people, different decades.
You can leave us tips, links, news, story ideas, pictures, whatever on the #tips page by using the "Share" box on the front page and including the hashtag #tips. If you'd prefer, you can also send a confidential email to email@example.com or call our tipline at 646-214-8138.